Suicide is a complex and emotive topic. Everyone with lived experience of it will have a unique perspective. This campaign aims to bring people together, recognising that we can do something about it, by raising awareness, increasing understanding, and furthering the wider conversation around mental health.
This campaign is supported by the Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire Suicide Prevention Transformation Working Group, and is led by the Independent Mental Health Network (a membership-led organisation, working to make a difference for those with lived experience of mental health).
The Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire Suicide Prevention Transformation Working Group is a partnership of local organisations that aim to address the higher-than-average rate of suicide across the local area. The group consists of:
- Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
- Bristol City Council
- Bristol North Somerset & South Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group (BNSSG CCG)
- Community Access Support Service (CASS)
- Independent Mental Health Network (IMHN)
- North Somerset Council
- Public Health England
- Second Step
- South Gloucestershire Council
- University of Bristol
- University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust