Joining IMHN is free. When you fill in our membership form, two things will happen
- You will receive a confirmation email confirming the information you submitted;
- You will then shortly receive a welcome email.
This welcome email will allocate you to your local branch.
If there is no branch local to you at the time you sign-up, we can provide support in helping you get one set up.
What Do I Need To Join?
Membership is free. Membership is subject to meeting the criteria for joining. This criteria is a part of our Constitution; the legal governing document of IMHN. The provision on membership can be found here.
For individuals, the criteria is reproduced below;
The individual will usually be living in; or registered with a GP practice in; or accessing Mental Health services in the defined boundary area that the branch has been formed in; and
- Are over the age of eighteen
- An individual who has ever used Mental Health services; or
- An individual who is currently using Mental Health services; or
- An individual currently trying to access Mental Health services; or
- An individual who self-defines as having had or currently having Mental Health issues.
For more information, please see our Membership Explained guide.
If you have any questions about anything to do with membership, please email us.