This webpage lists paid opportunities to join various projects and meetings as a lived experience representative in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire (‘BNSSG’).
Lived experience representatives bring the perspective of people who have either accessed mental health services or support, or have lived experience of mental health, to projects and meetings taking place across the area that are related to transforming or improving mental health care. For more information about what lived experience representatives do, click here to download and read the core role description.
For guidance on completing an application, please click here.
If you would like to apply for any of the opportunities listed below, please click here and fill out the webform.
Some opportunities are open to people that live in any of these areas; where the opportunity is open to people from a specific area, the accompanying description will state this.
This webpage is a ‘live’ page that will be updated as new opportunities become available. If you have any queries about any of the roles listed on this page, please get in touch.
Community Mental Health Programme (February 2021)
***Please note – applications for these opportunities are now closed. Thank you to everyone who has applied – we will be in touch by Monday 1 March. If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact ***
Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire
Shape the future of community mental health support and influence how new funding will be spent to best meet the needs of those wishing to access the following support:
- Personality difficulties and complex trauma
- Eating disorders
- Mental health rehabilitation
- Older people
- Younger people that may be transitioning to services for adults
- Peer support
For each of the above programmes, we are recruiting:
- Lived experience co-chairs
- Lived experience working group members
- People with lived experience to join an advisory group informing the programme
Please click on the opportunity description to find out more information.
To apply, please visit: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CMHF-BNSSG-OPP
The roles will be paid at the following rates
Lived Experience Co-Chairs
- A payment of £150 per day of involvement in the programme (1 day = 7.5 hours). Expected commitment is likely to be about two days per month.
Working Group Members
- A payment of £90 per day of involvement in the programme (1 day = 7.5 hours). Expected commitment is likely to be about one day per month.
Lived Experience Advisory Group Members
- A payment of £90 per day of involvement in the programme (1 day = 7.5 hours). Expected commitment is likely to be about half a day per month.