Do you have lived experience of mental health crisis or attempting to access mental health crisis services?
We are looking for up to six lived experience representatives to join a crisis pathway redesign event.
The details are below:
Date: Friday 15 November 2019
Times: 09:30am -16:30pm
Location: Holiday Inn, Bond Street, Bristol, BS1 3LE (next to the Bristol Bear Pit roundabout).
The aim of the day is to progress the development of a new blueprint for BNSSG crisis services. We want to come to together as system partners to co-produce the crisis services of the future.
Your role will be to help shape the conversations on the day and what is developed.
Lived experience attendees at the service redesign event will:
- Provide the perspectives of people who use mental health crisis services (or have attempted to).
- Use any personal experience as a patient of the current services in a constructive and objective way to ensure views are as representative as possible.
- Be available to attend the event for the whole day.
- Understand that they may be asked to respect the confidentiality of items discussed at the event.
- Contribute to feedback on presentations given at the meetings, some of which will be made by people who use are currently using or have used services.
- Feedback to IMHN on matters discussed at the event.
- Help others attending decide on appropriate outcome measurements that will capture the experiences of those trying to access the services in the future.
BNSSG CCG and IMHN will provide the following support to representatives:
- An allowance of £84.00 for attending the whole event.
- Reasonable out of pocket travel expenses from within the Bristol, North Somerset & South Gloucestershire area (taxis must be agreed in advance).
- Free parking in the NCP Car Park by the Holiday Inn (where travelling by car).
- Lunch will also be provided (please tell us about any dietary requirements).
- Support to take part in the day from BNSSG CCG and IMHN.
Supporting Statementand Deadline
We are asking applicants to write no more than 250 words stating how they meet the criteria listed in the experience, knowledge and skills section. Please do specify if you have personal experience of crisis services as part of your supporting statement. If you need more advice or help, please feel free to contact Tom.
Please email expressions of interest to tom[@]imhn.org (removing the brackets from the email address) by Monday 11 November 2019. We will notify successful applicants by Tuesday 12 November 2019.
You can read more about the opportunity here.
November 6, 2019 at 5:53 pm