This role is open to all living in either of the Bristol, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire areas.
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust (AWP) is the local mental health trust for the Bristol, North Somerset, and South Gloucestershire areas.
Up to 60% of AWP’s recovery caseload have a primary or secondary diagnosis of Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (EUPD), previously known as Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). At the present time, this population have high attendance in Primary Care at the Place of Safety and Emergency Departments, and have admissions characterised by police involvement due to high risk-taking behaviours.
AWP have started a project looking at pathways of care for people that have received a diagnosis of Personality Disorder (PD). The proposed intervention is to develop a bespoke team providing Structured Clinical Management (SCM) for people with Personality Disorders. The project is overseen by a fortnightly project group.
About the role
- IMHN are seeking two people with lived experience of mental health to input into the project group meetings
- meetings will take place fortnightly on Mondays, starting on Monday 26 October. These will last an hour, starting at 1pm. You will be paid at a rate of £12 per hour of meetings attended
- a pre-brief from a member of the project team will be available
- you will live in either of the Bristol, North Somerset, or South Gloucestershire areas
- you will have lived experience of Personality Disorder, or a diagnosis
- you will ideally have experience contributing to projects that look at existing or new mental health services
- you will be able to virtually attend the fortnightly Monday meetings, which start on Monday 26 October, and run between 1-2pm
Please express your interest by 9am on Wednesday 21 October.
Apply for this role – please click here and fill out the webform.