This role is open to all living in either of the Bristol, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire areas.
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust (AWP) is the local mental health trust for the Bristol, North Somerset, and South Gloucestershire areas.
People with serious mental illness (SMI) are supported within Community Mental Health Teams. This team has limited ability respond to these people’s needs. Evidence shows that a small team working intensively with this population can reduce admissions into hospitals; reduce acuity of presentation; and improve quality of life.
AWP are therefore developing a new approach to provide specialist support to people with SMI and clinically complex needs. AWP will be working with people with lived experience of mental health to co-produce the service plan for this new approach.
About the role
- IMHN are seeking two people with lived experience of SMI to support this process
- meetings will take place fortnightly on Mondays. These will take two hours, starting at 10am. You will be paid at a rate of £12 per hour of meetings attended.
- you will live in either of the Bristol, North Somerset, or South Gloucestershire areas
- you will have lived experience of Serious Mental Illness (this is because the project is developing a service plan supporting people with Serious Mental Illness)
- you will ideally have experience contributing to projects that look at existing or new mental health services
- you will be able to virtually attend the fortnightly Monday meetings, which run between 10am and 12pm
We anticipate interest to be high and may close this opportunity early if we receive sufficient applications; so do apply early.
Apply for this role today – please click here and fill out the webform.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, or have any questions, please email email@example.com (quoting AWP – Serious Mental Illness )